Thursday 7 April 2016

International Murals

I have lots of pages whizzing round my head at the moment, but I'm waiting for an order of new photos to arrive before I can pin them down on paper. In the meantime, I'm returning to my cruise album from last summer. It was mostly a Canadian cruise, but we also had stops in Ireland on the way out and back. Our final port of call was Belfast and we used the local buses to look at the various murals around the city. I'm still thinking about how I'm going to scrap my photos of the Loyalist and Republican murals, but I'm starting with a simpler set of pictures - some of the murals on the International Wall.




I laid them out with scraps of patterned paper so that my page looks like a wall (or that was my aim anyway). I punched circles from a map paper to use in my embellishment, picking Europe (where we are) plus North America and the Middle East (which link to some of the murals).

I decided on all black titles for this album, but I'm running out of some vowels now. I used my last 'a' in this font for Murals and I completed my title by cutting 'International' on my Silhouette Portrait.

Supplies
Cardstock - Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits, My Mind's Eye Chalk Studio II, Bazzill Basics
Letters - American Crafts
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Stars - from Stash
Ink/Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & Little B Arrow Die
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment