Saturday 20 August 2016

Every Day is a New Adventure

One of the prompts from The 20 Project was to change your title techniques, to think about what you use for your page titles and then to do something different. This made me think about a pre-cut title piece that I received in a Quirky Kit last spring; 'Every Day is a New Adventure' is perfect for a cruise, when you are visiting a new place every day, but I made the whole album for our last cruise without using it. However I also need to document that cruise for my 2015 annual album.

We visited seven towns and cities on that cruise, so I picked one photo from each port and got them printed as squares ready for a double page using quadrants with photos in seven and the title in the eighth. Once I started, I rejected that idea as it wasn't working for me, and I considered scraplifting my Books About Town page instead. My final page was actually a hybrid of the two with rows of photos in distinct blocks.








I mostly used leftover papers from my cruise album for my page, but the filmstrip washi is a brand new purchase. I used silver-grey mist in the album but switched to gold here to match the title piece.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Coredinations, Colorset
Paper - Heidi Swapp No Limits
Title - Quirky Kits
Letters - October Afternoon
Die Cuts - atd
Washi Tape - Ebay
Puffy Stickers - Paperchase
Enamel Dots - Doodlebug, Echo Park
Ink & Mist - Docrafts

Tools
Scrapberry's 'Around the World' Compass Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment