Friday 5 August 2016

Just Add Water

I'm continuing with my 2016 album, but I'm not working in any particular order. These photos are from June, when my daughter went kayaking with her Explorer Scout Unit. Their leader posted some photos on Facebook, so of course I nabbed them for a page.

I chose a summery yellow sunburst paper as the basis of my page, and picked turquoise from the photos as an accent colour. The turquoise was so strong that I confined it to a border, and switched to a softer aqua colour in my embellishment.



I'm linking up to Rochelle Spears' August This or That Challenge, where she has asked us to use washi tape or border stickers (but not both) on a page. I picked washi tape, using two colours to anchor my embellishment.

I'm currently following Shimelle Laine's latest class, The 20 Project, and this page also fits her first prompt (although I started the page before class started). Three days in and I've made one page; hopefully I can catch up at the weekend.

Supplies
Cardstock - Papermania
Paper - Simple Stories Sn@p Basics, Elle's Studio Shine, Dear Lizzy Serendipity
Letters - Collage Press
Cut-Apart & Label - Elle's Studio Shine
Butterflies - Prima
Circle Stickers - Anita's Glitterations
Washi Tape - Tesco (Aqua), Unknown (Yellow)
Enamel Dots - Teresa Collins
Mist - Mr Huey's, Docrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment