Wednesday 14 September 2016

Year 11

I have lots of holiday photographs to scrapbook from two weeks away this summer, but sometimes sorting through the number of pictures that I take on holiday and choosing which ones to scrap can be overwhelming.

I've taken an easier option by making this page instead, using a single photo because that's all I have. My daughter's school take formal photos of all the pupils in Year 7 (age 11 when they start at the school) and Year 11 (age 16 just before some of them leave) and, as the title says, this is her Year 11 photo.

I picked the 1 September sketch from Stuck?! Sketches and used the free 'Sketchy Circles' cut file from Scrapbook and Cards Today for the circles.



The 'done, done & done' die-cut fitted with the theme of finishing school, and I matted it on a darker one which used the US spelling of colour. I'd have liked something similar for the title cluster, but the pack didn't have anything suitable. It did have a days of the week piece that was too big so I copied that idea with letter stickers for weekdays.

Supplies
Paper - Dear Lizzy Serendipity, My Mind's Eye Now & Then, Tim Holtz Distressables, Glitz Design, KaiserCraft
Letters - October Afternoon, Dear Lizzy
Die Cuts - Simple Stories Carpe Diem
Puffy Stickers - Paperchase, Fancy Pants
Star Paprclip - Freckled Fawn
Flair - Imagine That
Washi Tape - Trimcraft
Ink & Mist - Dovecraft

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Sketchy Circles Cut File from SCT (available here)

3 comments:

  1. Great page and take on the sketch - Love that cut file too!
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches! - we're celebrating all month

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEautiful page, love your layers and elegant accents! Thanks so much for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering of embellishments on your layout! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete