Sunday 16 October 2016

Walking in a Winter Wonderland

I'm still on my 2015 album, and specifically December when I have four pages on my 'to do' list. This one comes from a weekend we spent in the Lake District when we saw the only real snow of last winter (we live in the south of England and had none at home). It came down thick and fast on Saturday morning but we stuck with our plan for lunch and a walk in Skelwith Bridge. 

I picked three photos of the snow, river and mountains and paired them with Susan's October sketch at Me & Mine, which I rotated for landscape photos and moved the pictures to one side.

I chose papers from an older winter collection, and spent ages looking for the co-ordinating sticker sheet before realising that I'd cut it up and added the pieces to my colour-themed drawers. Having dredged up all the pieces, only one of them actually made it on to the layout.

I used one of the horizontal papers for my title, a mixture of letter stickers, die-cut letters and a word cut on my Silhouette, and journalled on the other one.



Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - Fancy Pants Winterland, Authentique Nestled
Letters - Basic Grey
Snowflakes - Quirky Kits
Frame - Unknown
Sticker - Fancy Pants Winterland
Gems - ZVA Creative

Tools
Silhouette Portrait
Big Shot & X-Cut Headliner Alphabet Die
X-Cut Corner Punch

1 comment:

  1. Ooh the sketch works so well that way round. Thanks so much for using my sketch and makng such a super page.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete