Tuesday 6 December 2016

A Crafty Advent Calendar

Back at the beginning of November, there was some discussion on Facebook about the lack of any scrapbooking or craft Advent calendars being commercially available. You can now get Advent calendars with a wide array of "fillings" - chocolate, Lego, tea, make-up and candles to name just a few - but none for scrapbookers. This set me thinking, and inspired me to set up an Advent calendar swap via Facebook; I posted in a couple of UK scrapbooking groups and soon gathered together 21 like-minded individuals. We all filled our envelopes with goodies, the others sent them to me, I swapped them round and sent back 24 different envelopes filled with titbits for a crafty December.

These were my envelopes, simply 4" x 12" strips of pretty paper folded and washi-taped, decorated with a stamped tag saying 'on the nice list' and the number 14:



Sorting out all the envelopes before sending them to their new homes:


All my envelopes arranged in a basket ready for opening:


This was the first time that I've ever organised anything like this and it's been a lot of fun. I think the other ladies are enjoying it too. There have already been a few comments about what they will do for next year's swap!


No comments:

Post a Comment