Thursday 25 May 2017

Let's Bake

This page is the second one that I made in the Chinese Whispers game that we have been playing in the Mind the Scrap Facebook group. I played second in this chain and was scraplifting a page from Cindy.

I took the multi-coloured circle in another direction. I've had a hankering to make a rainbow page made up from lots of bits and pieces - stickers, die-cuts, gems, buttons, etc. and this was the perfect opportunity to put it into practice.

I marked out an 8" circle on my page and divided it into six sections, then stitched the inside and outside edges with six colours of embroidery thread and filled in the middle with an assortment of pieces from my embellishment drawers (which I sort by colour).



The photo is from a recent holiday when I was baking with our friends' son. I matted it on a couple of layers of paper and placed it on the same side of the circle as Cindy had hers, but closer to the middle to show as much of the circle as possible. I couldn't put my title on the circle as Cindy had, so I ran it along the side of my photo. I love these puffy letter stickers; they are smaller than Thickers and have more dimension than flat stickers making them really versatile and I shall be buying more.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper - My Mind's Eye
Letters - American Crafts
Thread - DMC
Embellishments - My Mind's Eye, Jillibean Soup, Paperchase, Studio Calico, Doodlebug, Trimcraft, Dovecraft, Crate Paper, Pebbles, Teresa Collins, Making Memories

Tools
Fiskars Circle Template
Paper Piercer

No comments:

Post a Comment