Saturday 13 May 2017

The Eye at Night

The second NSD challenge at For the Love of Pretty Paper (though not the second page I made) was a scraplift, from a choice of the pages made in three YouTube videos. I picked Maria's page - I was struck by the large frame and a page design that showed off lots of the background paper.

I really wanted to stick with a single 4x6 photo for my page, and picked one of the London Eye which I took earlier this year which I paired with a skyline paper from Basic Grey Mon Ami. Having picked that I realised that I could combine the scraplift with a challenge from Hey Little Magpie to use black, white, grey and one other colour. 



There are is a red paper in the Mon Ami collection, but it's an orangey-red and the Eye is a pinky-red in my photo so I used cardstock for my frame. Luckily Maria's design didn't need a lot of papers and the monochromatic challenge meant that I could just use grey behind the red photo mat. I turned those layers into a pocket and my journalling is tucked inside, with an embellishment cluster attached to it to use as a tab. 

I moved my title so that it wouldn't obscure the skyline paper and found that I have hardly any small black letter stickers. I turned to some old rub-ons and was pleasantly surprised to find that they rubbed on really easily despite being about eight or nine years old.

Supplies
Cardstock - Bazzill, Colorset
Paper - Basic Grey Mon Ami
Letters - Making Memories
Label Stickers - Tim Holtz
Washi Tape - Unknown
Enamel Dots - Teresa Collins
Ink - Hobbycraft
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
X-Cut Corner Punch
Card Factory Roller-Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment