Friday 30 June 2017

Poke Ball Birthday Card

I'm sharing another card today, a birthday card based on this month's sketch at Stick It Down. I've been fairly liberal with my interpretation of the sketch, seeing it as one large image (not necessarily a cake) in the middle of the card.

I chose a Poke Ball for my Pokémon-mad son's birthday card, finding a drawing online that I could break down and cut with my Silhouette. 

I made my first paper-pieced card a couple of weeks ago and learnt two lessons from that one - to ink the edges of each piece, and to add some depth to the design by painting or inking the card background.

I used a Heidi Swapp mask with yellow ink for a starry background and added ink spatters before positioning my Poke Ball. The Ball is layered on an additional circle of cardstock which helps to add just a little more depth to the card.





No comments:

Post a Comment