Friday 22 December 2017

Guesting at Stick It Down

I'm guest designing at Stick It Down today, sharing a card based on their December sketch. When I saw Laura's design, my immediate thought was to just copy the fringed tree, but I don't have any fringing scissors so I started looking for another way to make a layered pattern. 

I discovered a few years ago that my bracket border punch makes lozenge shapes when you overlap the punched paper strips offset from each other. The sketch specifically says to use any shape instead of the tree, and I thought that lozenges would be rather effective on a Christmas bauble.

I picked out a holly patterned paper and a plain red shimmer cardstock for contrast. I already had some die-cut bauble shapes and I started by covering the top part with glitter washi tape, before layering the strips from bottom to top, trimming each one to shape as I went. I finished the bauble with a bit of gold thread and decorated the background with stencilled stars and spatters of gold mist.


Having made one card, I decided to carry on with a few more as I had more baubles on hand. I stuck with the red cardstock, but changed the patterned paper each time.



Stick It Down have three sketches each month, for single and double scrapbook pages as well as cards, so hopefully there's something for everyone. Why not pop over, take a look and link up your creations too?


No comments:

Post a Comment