Saturday 3 February 2018

Almost Grown Up

I'm back with another page from last weekend's cyber crop organised by the ladies at Stick It Down. Laura's challenge was a 'Grab 5' where she asked us to use a stencil, stamping, alpha stickers, sequins and this sketch.

My choice of photo to use was completely driven by the sketch. My daughter attended the local scouts' dinner and dance for the first time last year. It's a formal event for over 16s only and the only photo I have of her and her friends was small and square, perfect for this sketch.

Next decision was the background paper; I wanted it to be fairly plain for the mixed media effects in the sketch, but I didn't want to use completely plain cardstock as a lot of it would be on show. The paper I chose had some paint lines and spatters already printed on it, and I used two stencils and a stamp to add to them. 




The hardest part of the sketch was that large arrow, and I played around with various options before ditching it in favour of paper strips spanning the width of the page, sitting my title above them.

The long line of spatter is mostly printed on the page, though I added stars, sequins and some silver mist to it. I also added a small cluster at the top to cap the line, though it's not part of the original sketch.

Supplies
Paper - Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Hills, OneCanoeTwo Creekside, Crate Paper Random
Letters - Fancy Pants, Anita's
Stickers - MAMBI, OneCanoeTwo
Sequins - from Stash
Ink - Hobbycraft, Papermania
Mist - Mister Huey's

Tools
That Special Touch Grid Stencil
Heidi Swapp Star Stencil
Studio Calico Star Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment