Monday 19 February 2018

Black Watch

This is the last of the 'introductory' pages for my cruise album - I always try to make a page with photos of our ship in each port. My itinerary is often on the title page of the album but this time I've combined it with the ship photos.

We were supposed to visit six ports, but one was cancelled due to bad weather so I had five photos from the ports of call and one from Rosyth where we started out. This month's sketch in the For the Love of Pretty Paper Facebook group had six photos so made the perfect starting point to my page, though I needed to rotate it and my photos were larger.

I matted each photo on two papers, mostly from a 6x6 pad which tied in with another of the stash-busting challenges from Lottie Loves Paper, to use six or more 6x6 papers on a page. 

Once the photos were double-matted, they were even larger so I dropped the extra pieces behind them. I also had to move the title as it wouldn't work in the middle.




I added the itinerary to the left of the page, with a few pieces of ephemera, but they needed to be anchored by something so I added the paper strips on the left. All-in-all my page moved a fair distance from the original sketch, but I'm happy with it.

Supplies
Cardstock - Craft Sensations
Papers - Photo Play Boarding Pass, Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey, Echo Park
Letters - Fancy Pants
Stickers - Photo Play, 7Gypsies
Cork Stars - The Works

Tools
American Crafts Notebook Border Punch
Big Shot & Little B Arrows Die

No comments:

Post a Comment