Sunday 25 February 2018

Tarn Hows & Black Crag

This was another page driven by a challenge. Lottie Loves Paper asked us to mix Something Old with Something New for one of their stash-busting challenges. I started out from the new; my most recent scrapbook order actually came from Lottie Loves Paper and contained the 6x6 pad and stickers from OneCanoeTwo's Creekside collection. These outdoors-y papers took me back to December when my husband and I spent a weekend in the Lake District. I printed three photos from a walk we took then and looked for a sketch that would work with my photos and papers, turning up one from Shimelle's 'Sketch to Scrapbook Page' series.

I had also bought a few 12x12 sheets from Creekside, but in order to mix old and new I picked out an older alternative from Studio Calico; it's labelled 2015 but I can't have had it that long as I first ordered from them in 2016. I mixed old and new in the embellishment too - the flowers are ancient, the woodgrain paper and heart puffy stickers are middling and the enamel dots and word stickers are new.




I also worked this page to a recent weekly challenge at UKScrappers; Elaine asked us to use a non-white background, two or more photos and a doodled element, so it's her fault that I doodled around the edge of the page.

Supplies
Paper - Studio Calico Ariel, One CanoeTwo Creekside, Authentique Nestled
Letters - Elle's Studio
Word Stickers - OneCanoeTwo Creekside
Heart Stickers - American Crafts
Flowers - from Stash
Enamel Dots - Simple Stories, Stampin' Up!

Tools
Big Shot & Spellbinders Circle Die

No comments:

Post a Comment