Thursday 12 April 2018

parkrun - Workington

Up until the end of March, I'd done all my parkruns at my home course in Thurrock. However we spent Easter week in Cumbria, an annual reunion holiday with friends from university. One of those friends is also a parkrunner so we decided to join in with the event in Workington last Saturday before we returned home.

I'm scrapping my parkruns in an 8x8 album this year. Most of them have been two to a page, but I decided to give a whole page to this run. The album is simpler than my regular 12x12 pages, with few paper layers and little embellishment, but I spotted a sketch from Sketch-n-Scrap that would fit with this style.

I'm trying to use up my scraps in this album, and I pieced two of them together for my background, adding washi tape for the stripe from the sketch. I deviated from the sketch by using two photos on the left and a big block of journalling on vellum to the right, but I hope you can still see the sketch in my page.


My 'home' parkrun has a volunteer photographer in attendance every week, but Workington doesn't so my photos are a dodgy selfie and a shot of the start/finish line by the River Derwent. The butterfly sticker was a direct lift from the sketch as I needed something unobtrusive in the space between the title and the ticket.

Supplies
Paper - Scraps
Letters - Basic Grey
Numbers - Fancy Pants
Stickers - OneCanoeTwo
Washi Tape - Tesco, Trimcraft
Ink - Ranger

Tools
Silhouette Portrait & Tickets Cut File
Woodware Scalloped Circle Punch
Imagine That 'Return Ticket' Stamp Set

6 comments:

  1. This is amazing! Great take on the sketch!!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of scraps. I find it so hard to coordinate them. The torn paper is a plus. Thank you for entering your creation at Sketch N Scrap.
    Sharon Fontenot -
    higgledypiggledycrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you made the sketch work for your photos! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely page! Thank you for playing along at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty page and it's always great when you can use up your scraps and make a great layout! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.
    Surama

    ReplyDelete