Thursday 10 May 2018

Relax...

The next NSD challenge that I tackled from For the Love of Pretty Paper was one that I would normally pass over - to use a quote on a page. I tend to keep my pages fairly factual, a record of where we've been and what we've done, and I can only think of one quote I've ever used (and that was pre-printed on a piece of ephemera). 

However, a friend recently celebrated her 70th birthday and a group of us went on a spa mini-break. I was struck by the quote on the card we gave her, and wanted to include it somewhere on the page - "You don't stop having fun because you get old, you get old because you stop having fun." A bit of googling told me that this is a rewording of a quote from George Bernard Shaw; the original refers to playing.

We took quite a few photos between us, but the lighting in the spa was awful (great for relaxation maybe, but not for photography) and phone cameras couldn't cope. I had taken my 'proper' camera and the skin tones are correct in my pics but there's no escaping the pink lighting.




I used this month's sketch from Creative Scrappers for my page, but having already printed larger photos I made the circle larger to accommodate them. I dropped the paper strips on the right because this is the first of a pair of pages and I wanted there to be open space on the right to lead on to the next page. My title leads on to the second page too, the whole thing reads 'Relax... & Eat Cake'.

Supplies
Paper - Studio Calico Heyday, First Edition Spring Fling
Letters - American Crafts
Word Stickers - Crate Paper/Maggie Holmes
Enamel Dots - Freckled Fawn, Stampin' Up!
Ink - Ranger
Mist - Docrafts

Tools

Kreaxions Circle Cutter
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment